California Declaration of Abandonment of Declared Homestead
California home owners who have filed a Declaration of Homestead for their current home must file a Declaration of Abandonment of Declared Homestead if they sell the home.
- The Declaration of Abandonment notifies all parties with an interest in the property that you are abandoning the property as your homestead (in other words, your principal residence, the place in which you live all or most of the time).
- You should file a new Homestead Declaration for your new residence after the move.
- All homestead exemption forms are filed with the County Recorder's office.
- This is is a downloadable legal form which is easy to use. Just fill it in and print it off for signature.
- For use only in the State of California.
Last Updated: 05-October-2021