Canadian farm owners, rent out pasture land to a tenant with this Canada Pasture Lease template.
- The term of the lease can be either for a fixed number of years with an option to renew, or a continuing term which reverts to a yearly lease after the initial term expires.
- The lease contains two options to determine how yearly rent will be calculated - either based on the number of acres of pasture land, or on the number of livestock grazing the land.
- The tenant is responsible for ensuring that livestock do not break through fences, and must ensure that all animals meet the landlord's approval with respect to health, breed, sex, age, and number of animals.
- The tenant must carry adequate and satisfactory liability insurance throughout the term of the lease.
- The landlord must pay all taxes levied against the pasture land.
- The lease does not confer any mineral rights on the tenant with respect to the land being leased.
- Compensation for damage or loss of crops or property will be paid to the party suffering the loss.
- The parties agree to binding arbitration in the event of a dispute.
This Canada Pasture Lease
is provided in MS Word format, and is fully editable to fit your needs.