Appoint someone you trust as your agent to take temporary custody of your child with this Colorado Special Power of Attorney to Delegate Temporary Authority for Minor Child.
Colorado Special Power of Attorney to Delegate Temporary Authority for Minor Child
- This Power of Attorney form allows the parent or guardian to authorize someone as their attorney under the Colorado Probate Code to take over the custody and well being of the child.
- A Power of Attorney of this type would be granted if the parent or guardian is unable to care for the child due to illness, injury, incarceration or other circumstances.
- The attorney-in-fact is authorized to deal with all matters regarding the child's medical and health care, education, activities, well being and property.
- The attorney-in-fact DOES NOT have the authority to consent to the child's marriage or adoption.
- The Power of Attorney is effective for a period of one year from the date it is signed, unless revoked earlier.
is available in MS Word format and is easy to download, fill in, and print.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016