Florida Notice of Homestead
Don't let creditors force you to sell your home - file a Notice of Homestead as permitted by Florida law.
- Title XV, Chapter 222 of the Florida Statutes allows a homeowner to exempt the homestead from forced sale by filing a notice of homestead with the County Recorder.
- This exemption applies to real property, mobile homes and modular homes.
- The Notice of Homestead must be served on the creditor in order to protect your permanent residence from forced sale.
- A copy of Title XV, Chapter 222 is included with the Notice.
- The form also includes a Certificate of Delivery, to record how the Notice was served.
You've worked hard for your home, you shouldn't have to give it up. To get your copy of the Florida Notice of Homestead, add it to your cart, check out and pay, and download the form.