Florida Notice of Homestead
Don't let creditors force you to sell your home - file a Notice of Homestead as permitted by Florida law.
- Title XV, Chapter 222 of the Florida Statutes allows a homeowner to exempt the homestead from forced sale by filing a notice of homestead with the County Recorder.
- This exemption applies to real property, mobile homes and modular homes.
- The Notice of Homestead must be served on the creditor in order to protect your permanent residence from forced sale.
- A copy of Title XV, Chapter 222 is included with the Notice.
- The form also includes a Certificate of Delivery, to record how the Notice was served.
- Available in MS Word format.
- Intended to be used only in the State of Florida.
Last Updated: 03-November-2022