Freelance Writer Agreement
Publishers can hire a freelance writer to write articles on various topics with this easy-to-use Freelance Writing Agreement template.
- The publisher has no control over the writer's work, but has sole control over which articles (if any) are published.
- The writer will be paid by the word, and is responsible for remitting all required taxes and other deductions to be remitted to taxing or other authorities.
- The articles are to be considered works for hire, and the writer assigns copyright and ownership of the articles to the publisher.
- This is a generic contract and is not specific to any country or jurisdiction.
- Use the Freelance Writer Agreement to get content for printed or online publications, or to source out original content for blogs.
Last Updated: 02-March-2021