Letter of Intent for Exclusive Distributor
When negotiating a contract with a distributor to sell your products, it's a good idea to put the negotiating points down in writing in this Letter of Intent.
- The parties intend the distributor to have exclusive rights to distribute the products within a given territory, and a right of first refusal on additional territories.
- The distributor will be an independent contractor, and not an employee or agent of the supplier.
- The supplier will provide products of the highest quality, with all applicable warranties.
- Target markets are identified.
- The Letter of Intent itself is an agreement in principle, not a legal contract, and is not legally binding except as it relates to the negotiations between the parties, such as confidentiality provisions.
- This template is generic, not country specific, and can be used anywhere.
Last Updated: 15-June-2021