Letter of Intent to Grant Perpetual Software License
Software publishers can write a Letter of Intent to grant a perpetual software license to a licensee with this easy-to-use template.
- The letter summarizes the discussions between the parties prior to signing a legally binding License Agreement.
- The software license will not include upgrades, modifications or new versions of the software.
- Each party will be entitled to modify the software, but neither party will have any rights in the other party's modifications.
- The licensee will not have any rights to license or sublicense the software in a manner which would compete with the licensor's business.
- Confidentiality and non-solicitation provisions covering both parties.
- The letter of intent is not a legal document in and of itself. It expresses the parties' intentions, but is not a binding obligation on the parties to complete the transaction.
- This is a generic document which does not reference the laws of any particular country or jurisdiction.
Last Updated: 15-June-2021