New York Rental Agreement for Residential Premises
Rent a New York rental property to a tenant with this Rental Agreement for Residential Premises for New York State.
- The Agreement establishes what is called a "periodic tenancy" because it runs from rental period to rental period (month to month or week to week).
- The template includes language for either monthly or weekly tenancies.
- The tenant must pay late fees if the rent is not paid on time, and a charge for any returned checks.
- The form sets out the procedure that the landlord must follow for returning the tenant's security deposit at the end of the tenancy.
- Provisions for termination by either party, in accordance with landlord-tenant laws.
- The file also contains a Lead Paint Disclosure form, as required by law.
- Also included is a Premises Condition Report to be jointly filled in by the landlord and the tenant at the beginning and the end of the tenancy.
This New York Rental Agreement for Residential Premises
is provided in MS Word format, and is fully editable to fit your particular circumstances.
Last Updated: 14-Apr-2016