New Zealand Deed of Lease for Commercial Property
NZ landlords, lease office or retail space to a business tenant with this template New Zealand Deed of Lease for Commercial Property.
- Expiry.The Deed of Lease includes a right to renew, but if the tenant does not renew the lease and continues to occupy the space after the expiry of the tenancy, the lease becomes month to month.
- Rent Review. The document sets out a mechanism for current market rent reviews.
- Outgoings and GST. The tenant is responsible for paying service charges for the premises and a proportionate share of outgoings for the building, as well as any GST payable on the lease or the outgoings.
- Maintenance. The tenant is responsible for the care and maintenance of the leased premises.
- Insurance. The landlord must insure the building for full replacement and reinstatement insurance or indemnity to full insurable value on the premises.
- Guarantee. The guarantor guarantees performance of the tenant's obligations and indemnifies the landlord against claims.
- Car Park. Provisions for rental of the car park.
- Sublets. This Deed of Lease form can also be used for subleases.
- Schedules. The file includes a copy of Article 11 of the First Schedule of the Arbitration Act 1996.
The New Zealand Deed of Lease for Commercial Property
is fully editable and can be easily customised to meet your needs.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016