New Zealand Subletting Agreement for Residential Premises
Sublet a rental premises in New Zealand to a subtenant with this Subletting Agreement for Residential Premises.
- The subtenant must perform all of the tenant's obligations under the original (master) lease, including paying for electricity, gas, water and telephone service.
- The subtenant agrees to pay a bond to cover damages and unpaid rent and service charges.
- The agreement is governed by the provisions of the Residential Tenancies Act 1986.
- The landlord must sign the document as evidence of consent to the subletting.
- If the subtenant is under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian must sign a co-signor agreement to guarantee performance of the subtenant's obligations. A Co-Signor Agreement is included.
- The document also includes a Property Inspection Report.
Don't sublet without a signed written contract. Protect your interests with this New Zealand Subletting Agreement for Residential Premises. It's easy to download, fill in and print.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016