Ontario Renovation Contract
Ontario contractors, write up a Renovation Contract for a home owner with this easy-to-use template form.
- Materials. The contractor agrees to provide all required materials, labor, tools, equipment and supervision.
- Contract Price. Payment of the contract price, less required holdback under the Ontario Construction Lien Act, will be made in several payments, with the balance due on completion.
- Change Orders. A signed change order is required for any alterations to the work specified.
- Site Safety. The contractor is responsible for cleanup and for job site safety.
- Home Owner's Responsibilities. The home owner is responsible for providing utilities, toilets and access to the work site.
- Warranty. The contractor provides a 1-year warranty of the materials and workmanship and agrees to correct any defects of which it is notified in writing during the warranty period.
- Insurance. The contractor is responsible for maintaining adequate insurance, and for complying with the requirements of the Workers Compensation Act.
Avoid any disputes or legal claims connected with your renovation project - put it all in writing in this Ontario Renovation Contract.
Last Updated: 27-January-2021