Lease a residential premises to a tenant with this Ontario Short Form Residential Lease Agreement.
- Governing Laws. The lease is in accordance with the Short Form of Leases Act and the Ontario Landlord and Tenant Act.
- Deposit. A deposit equal to one month's rent shall be provided by the tenant.
- Maintenance. The tenant shall maintain the rental property and keep it in good condition.
- Assignment and Subletting. The tenant shall not alter the premises, assign the lease or sublet the premises without the landlord's consent.
- Property Taxes. If the tenant is a separate school supporter, the tenant must pay the landlord a sufficient amount to cover the excess of the separate school tax for a full calendar year, and the tenant must pay any increase in property taxes that are levied against the property.
- Holding Over. If the tenant holds over at the end of the term, the tenancy becomes month to month.
This Ontario Short Form Residential Lease Agreement
template is provided in MS Word format, and is fully editable to fit your needs.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016