Scotland Short Scottish Secure Tenancy Agreement
Let rental units to tenants with this Short Scottish Secure Tenancy Agreement, in accordance with the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001.
- The tenancy runs for a specified period of time, but if neither party terminates the tenancy, it will be automatically renewed for the same period. In some circumstances, the tenancy will automatically convert to a Scottish secure tenancy after 12 months.
- The council will consult the tenant prior to any increase in rent or service charges.
- The tenant is responsible for keeping the property clean and in good order.
- The tenant must take his/her turn with the other tenants in keeping the common parts clean and tidy.
- If the tenant has exclusive use of a garden, the tenant must maintain it and keep it tidy. If the garden is shared with other tenants, they must all take turns to maintain it.
- The council is responsible for keeping the property wind and watertight, tenantable and fit for human habitation.
- One pet is allowed without the council's permission, unless the dwelling is a sheltered housing property or flat. Certain animals are not allowed under any circumstances.
- Tenants must not engage in harassment or anti-social behaviour, which could result in the tenancy being ended.
- The tenant may take in lodgers, sub-let the property, assign or exchange the tenancy only with the council's written permission.
- Circumstances under which the tenancy will convert to a Scottish secure tenancy.
The Short Scottish Secure Tenancy Agreement is fully editable to meet your needs. Affordable, convenient, easy to use.