Welfare Power of Attorney | Scotland
Is your health declining? Are you worried about how you will handle your personal affairs? You can make a Welfare Power of Attorney with this easy-to-use sample form for Scottish residents.
- A Welfare Power of Attorney lets you appoint someone you trust to deal with your personal welfare matters when you are unable to do so because you have been incapacitated, whether due to illness, injury or age.
- The types of decisions your attorney can make are: where you will live, what type of care and accommodation are best, what types of medical treatment you will receive, nutrition, hygiene and grooming, social and cultural activities, and other types of personal decisions.
- You determine what the extent of the powers are that you give to your attorney, and whether to place any limits or conditions on your attorney's ability to act for you.
- The form includes instructions and information on how to complete and register your Power of Attorney.
- Available in MS Word format.
- Intended to be used only in Scotland.
Last Updated: 18-February-2022