Thinking of selling your business? Maximize your return on investment with this expert guide to help you get the best possible deal.
Selling your business for its highest and best value requires time, teamwork, research, planning, strategy, preparation, networking and commitment. This expert guide contains 10 steps and 8 rules including:
- assembling an advisory team to help you sell the business,
- researching and analyzing the business opportunity you are selling,
- ensuring that your company's housekeeping is in order (financial, legal, tax, etc.),
- preparing an opportunity plan and a marketing plan,
- preparing and distributing disclosure documents,
- writing a letter of intent, deal memo or term sheet,
- due diligence and negotiating the legal agreements,
- closing arrangements.
You've spent years building your business and you want to get the best deal possible when you sell. Follow the procedures and rules in this guide.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016