Share Repurchase / Buy-Back Agreement
Use this downloadable Share Repurchase (or Buy-Back) Agreement to transfer shares from a shareholder back to the corporation.
- The Agreement is secured by a promissory note, and the template includes a sample form of promissory note.
- The corporation will cancel the shares after buying them back.
- The vendor represents that the shares are free of encumbrances and security interests against them.
- Both parties agree to take all actions necessary to complete the transaction.
- The Share Repurchase Agreement allows the corporation to reduce the number of outstanding shares and retain share value.
- This is a generic legal form which can be used in many jurisdictions. Available in MS Word format.
Last Updated: 10-April-2021