South Carolina Statement of Desires Regarding Mental Health Care
South Carolina residents, plan for the future and make sure your wishes are known with this Statement of Desires Regarding Mental Health Care.
The Statement of Desires is also called an advance medical directive. It should be attached as an addendum to your Health Care Power of Attorney. This document informs the person you have named as your attorney ⁄ agent of your wishes regarding:
- admission to a mental health treatment facility,
- use of psychotropic medications,
- electro-convulsive (shock) therapy,
- use of seclusion or restraint as a response to violent or destructive behavior,
- special instructions concerning personal matters in the event that you become unable to communicate your wishes.
This South Carolina Statement of Desires Regarding Mental Health Care
template is provided in MS Word format.
Last Updated: 14-Apr-2016