UK Sale of Business Agreement
The sale of a business requires a lot of documentation. Sell your business as a going concern with this template Sale of Business Agreement for UK companies.
- The assets being sold include the plant and machinery, business property, intellectual property, any software developed for the business, goodwill, information and records, and the benefit of all existing contracts.
- The consideration paid for the business will be a specified sale price, together with the discharge of the seller's debt obligations to the business' bank, and a number of shares in the purchaser or a subsidiary company owned by the purchaser.
- The parties intend that the transfer of the business fall under Article 5 of the Value Added Tax (Special Provisions) Order 1995.
- The purchaser will take over all employee contracts effective as of the date of completion.
- The seller agrees to non-competition and non-solicitation provisions for a specified period of time following the transaction.
- The agreement is governed by English law and can be used throughout the United Kingdom.
Preparing your own paperwork can save you a lot of money on solicitors' fees. Download this fully customisable UK Sale of Business Agreement.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016