UK Translation Rights Licence
UK publishers can secure the right to translate and republish an original literary work previously published in a different language under the terms of this Translation Rights Licence.
- The owner of the rights to the original work (Grantor) grants the publisher an exclusive licence to print and publish the work in the English language, for the full period of the copyright.
- The Grantor will do its best to ensure that the author of the work collaborates with the translator to translate the work.
- The publisher agrees to ensure that the author is given proper credit in the translated version.
- Provisions setting out the schedule for publication, number of copies, print runs and promotion of the work, and a timetable of advances and royalties to be paid to the Grantor.
- The agreement will be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Buy and download your copy of the UK Translation Rights Licence Agreement, and it's yours to use as often as required by your business. This is a fully editable digital legal template.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016