Immediate Durable Power of Attorney with Pet Provisions | USA
When you're making a Power of Attorney, don't forget to make sure your pets are taken care of too. Use this easy Power of Attorney form for US residents.
- This is an immediate power of attorney, which means it becomes effective immediately upon being signed and it will remain in effect even if you become disabled or incompetent, until such time as you decide to revoke it.
- In addition to the general powers granted to your attorney to deal with your finances and property, this Power of Attorney contains special instructions that your pets are to be cared for and directing your agent to pay the costs of that care from your available funds.
- This is not a medical power of attorney. Your attorney-in-fact does not have the authority to make health care decisions for you.
- This is a U.S. legal form. It does not contain references to the laws of any particular state and can be used in most jurisdictions. Check your local laws to ensure compliance.
- When you plan for your own future, don't forget to plan your pet's future as well.