Mortgage brokers in the U.S. can use this easy template to prepare an Owner's (Seller's) Closing Affidavit for a real estate transaction.
The Affidavit is required to obtain title insurance. It contains statements sworn by the seller of the property with respect to:
- the seller's ownership of the property and marital status,
- any liens against the property,
- improvements ordered or contracted for within the last 60 days,
- local improvements done or to be done in the neighborhood by municipal or government authorities,
- structural defects,
- location of utilities,
- violations of any restrictions affecting the property, or any disputes with neighboring owners,
- any lawsuits pending against the seller,
- any bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings against the seller,
- the seller's acknowledgement that the statements will be relied upon by the mortgagee and the title insurance company.
If you don't have a Closing Affidavit template in your digital documents, you should. Download your copy now. This form can be used anywhere in the United States.