If your tenant has vacated the rental premises and left abandoned items of property behind, serve the tenant with the documents in this California Reclamation of Tenant Property Forms Package, which contains the following forms:
- Notice of Right to Reclaim Personal Property
- The former tenant must respond to the Notice within 18 days.
- If the abandoned property is worth more than $300, it will be sold.
- If it is worth less, the landlord has the option to sell, keep or destroy the property if the tenant does not reclaim it.
- Demand for Costs Payable to Reclaim Personal Property
- The Demand must be served on the former tenant within 5 days after the tenant requests the return of the abandoned items.
- The landlord can demand payment for any costs incurred for storing, removing and transporting the goods.
- Proof of Service form
- Use this form to record the details of how you served the documents on the former tenant.
This California Reclamation of Tenant Property Forms Package is available as a Microsoft Word download. Easy to use - buy it, download it, fill in the relevant details and print.
Last Updated: 23-August-2016