Assignment of Copyright and Waiver of Moral Rights | Canada
Canadian publishers, prepare an Assignment of Copyright and Waiver of Moral Rights for an author with this downloadable template.
- The author of a work assigns his/her right and title to copyright in the work to a third party, and waives his/her moral rights in the work, pursuant to the Canada Copyright Act.
- An author's "moral rights" consist of the right to be identified as the creator of a work and the right to object to derogatory treatment of a work which the author feels is prejudicial or detrimental to his/her reputation.
- Moral rights do not transfer with the ownership of the copyright, but they can be waived by the author.
- This Assignment of Copyright and Waiver of Moral Rights form is a Canadian legal document which can be used in any province or territory of Canada. A French language translation may be required for Quebec.
- You can download the form immediately after purchasing it.
Last Updated: 23-February-2021