Section 85 Rollover Agreement for Land | Canada
Use this Section 85 rollover agreement to transfer real property to a corporation in exchange for shares while avoiding capital gains tax.
- A rollover allows you to transfer the asset under Section 85 of the Income Tax Act (Canada) without attracting capital gains tax on the transaction.
- In exchange for the land, the corporation purchasing the land issues shares to the vendor in an amount equal to the fair market value of the land.
- The purchaser and vendor agree to jointly file an election under subsection 85(1) of the Income Tax Act.
- A section 85 rollover agreement gives you a means to preserve your assets and reduce your tax liability.
- This document is governed by Canadian tax laws and is intended for use in Canada only.
Last Updated: 21-April-2021