Negotiating Price for Sale of Business Over $1 Million
This information package and checklist is for you if you're planning to buy or sell a business in Canada that is valued in excess of $1 million. You'll discover:
- How to reach a common understanding so you can make the best possible deal for both parties.
- Value and price are not the same thing.
- A comparison of asset sales vs. share sales.
- Different methods of evaluation.
- How goodwill can be evaluated.
- How to calculate normalized sustainable future earnings.
- How to assess the buyer's risk.
- Recasting historical numbers and predicting future numbers.
- How to bridge the gap by sharing the risk, the burden and the tax shield.
- The information applies equally to share sales and asset sales.
The most difficult issue in negotiating the purchase or sale of a business is negotiating price. Download this package and learn the ins and outs of successful price negotiations from an expert.