Intellectual Property Transfer Agreement | UK
Transfer your rights in an invention or patent to a purchaser who will commercially develop and produce the invention in the UK with this Intellectual Property Transfer Agreement.
- Scope of Agreement. The Transfer Agreement covers the intellectual property being transferred as well as associated documentation and know-how.
- Support. The inventor will provide ongoing support, assistance and expertise with respect to the transferred property.
- Security for Payment. The purchaser's solicitors will hold the executed assignments of rights in trust as security for payment of the purchase price.
- Confidentiality. The inventor agrees not to disclose any confidential information regarding the intellectual property to third parties unless requested to do so by the purchaser.
- Indemnification. The parties mutually indemnify each other.
- Termination for Cause. The agreement contains provisions for termination if a milestone is missed or if the purchaser defaults in making a payment.
- Governing Law. The Intellectual Property Transfer Agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales and can be used throughout the United Kingdom.
- How to Obtain the Form. You can download the sample agreement immediately after you have purchased it. Customise it with the details of your transaction and it is ready to sign.
Last Updated: 09-March-2021