Write up the terms on which a performer will be hired for a motion picture with this USA Actor Deal Memo.
- The contract contains provisions for both SAG and non-union performers. Just choose the appropriate clauses for your project.
- The wardrobe clause states that the actor will provide all wardrobe items, other than period costumes or specialty items which will be provided by the producer. You can amend this provision to fit the circumstances.
- The producer has exclusive right to use the actor's name and likeness in connection with the picture. The producer will also have all merchandising rights, and will pay the actor a pro rata share of the gross revenues (less distribution fees) derived from the use of the actor's name or likeness in connection with merchandising.
- The contract contains two dispute resolution clauses, one for SAG actors and one for non-union actors.
- The contract also contains an employment eligibility requirement, in accordance with US immigration laws.
- The performer gives the producer the right to make deductions from the performer's pay and remit them to the Motion Picture and Television Relief Fund.
Somebody has to write those deal memos. It's easy if you use the downloadable, customizable USA Actor Deal Memo template.
Last Updated: 03-January-2021