Letter of Intent to Purchase Business Assets | USA
You're in the process of negotiating the purchase of a business. It's in your best interests to put the understanding in writing with this USA Letter of Intent to Purchase Business Assets.
- The LOI template can be used anywhere in the United States.
- The assets being purchased include intellectual property, tangible property, know-how and goodwill.
- The template includes a section for purchase price adjustments for such items as uncollected receivables and inventory writedowns.
- The transaction can only be completed once a number of conditions precedent have been met, such as obtaining any required governmental approvals, licenses or permits, and completion of a satisfactory due diligence review.
- The seller will not participate in any discussions or negotiations with any other party while the letter of intent is in effect.
- Put a Letter of Intent in place to make sure that your discussions with the seller are not circumvented or interrupted.
- Intended to be used only for transactions governed by the laws of the United States.
Last Updated: 28-December-2021