Alberta Estoppel Certificate for Condominium Sale
Anyone who sells a condominium unit in Alberta must provide the purchaser with an Estoppel Certificate, which certifies that:
- the seller is not behind in condo fees or other payments owing to the condominium corporation, except for any amounts which are stated in the Certificate,
- insurance is in place on the condo building,
- the by-laws of the condominium corporation are registered,
- the common property has not been mortgaged or transferred,
- any other relevant information required by the purchaser and the mortgage lender prior to closing.
Condominium corporations in Alberta can download this ready-made Estoppel Certificate form and use it each time they receive a request from a selling owner.
Last Updated: 12-January-2021