Employee Intellectual Property Rights Agreement | China
This Intellectual Property Rights Agreement for Chinese businesses protects a company's interest in inventions and innovations created by employees.
- Assignment of Rights. The employee assigns all of his/her right, title and interest in all inventions, patents and improvements developed by the employee in connection with the employment, and will assist the employer in securing domestic and foreign patent rights.
- Prior Inventions. The employee will retain his/her interest in any prior inventions, unless they are used in the employer's products or processes. In such case, the employee will grant the employer a perpetual irrevocable license to use the prior inventions in connection with those products or processes.
- Confidentiality. The employee also agrees to keep all the employer's proprietary information confidential and not disclose any or all of such information.
- Non-Competition. The employee agrees not to be involved in any business that competes with the employer's business, or to develop products identical or similar to the employer's products, during employment and for a specified period of years thereafter.
- Letter of Guarantee. The Agreement includes a Letter of Guarantee to be signed by the employee following termination of his/her employment.
- Language. This is an English language legal form. A Chinese translation may also be required for it to be legally enforceable.
- Format. This China Employee Intellectual Property Rights Agreement is provided in MS Word format and can be modified to fit your unique needs.
Last Updated: 02-July-2018