NWT Springing Power of Attorney
Make a Springing Power of Attorney with this easy-to-use template for Northwest Territories residents.
- A springing power of attorney only takes effect upon a date that you specify or upon the occurrence of a specific event, such as if you were judged mentally incapacitated. You must state the date or event in your Power of Attorney.
- The form includes instructions and explanatory notes to assist you in preparing the document.
- You can appoint one person to act singly, or two or more persons to act jointly as your attorney(s). You can also choose to name alternates to take over if one of the original appointees can no longer act.
- The form also includes an Attorney's Acceptance of Appointment form, which should be signed by each person you name as your attorney or alternate.
- This legal form should only be used in the Territory of Northwest Territories, Canada.
- The form is available in MS Word format.
Last Updated: 23-January-2019