Ontario Independent Contractor Agreement
Cut your costs by hiring a job candidate as an independent contractor rather than an employee under this Independent Contractor Agreement for Ontario employers.
- Taxes and Remittances. The independent contractor is responsible for remitting his/her own income tax, HST, and other taxes and remittances.
- Contract Not Exclusive. The relationship between the parties is not exclusive. The contractor may perform similar services for other clients, and the employer may retain other contractors to provide the same or similar services.
- Expenses. The contractor will pay all of his/her own expenses, including transportation and meal expenses.
- Profits. The contractor bears his/her own risk of profit and loss with respect to the services performed.
- Confidentiality. The contractor agrees not to disclose or use any confidential information of the employer.
- Business Protection. The file includes a Business Protection Agreement with nondisclosure, non-competition and non-solicitation clauses, to be signed by the contractor prior to commencing work.
- Scope of Law. This Independent Contractor Agreement refers to specific labour laws of the Province of Ontario.
Last Updated: 15-December-2017