USA Affidavit of Survivorship
Use this USA Affidavit of Survivorship to transfer title of real property to a surviving joint tenant after the other joint tenant has died.
- The affidavit must be sworn and filed in the appropriate County office to transfer the title into the name of the surviving owner.
- The Affidavit sets out the details of the deceased's passing and the value of the estate.
- The surviving joint tenant also declares whether or not there is any federal or state inheritance tax liability on the property.
- You must provide a copy of the death certificate when you register the affidavit.
- This legal form can be used in any U.S. state which does not have a prescribed form.
There's no need to place the property in probate. Just sign this USA Survivorship Affidavit in front of a notary, record it with the land records office, and the title deed will be reissued in the name of the surviving joint tenant.