Ontario Condominium Tenancy Agreement
Do you own a condo in Ontario that you want to rent to a tenant? Use this Condominium Tenancy Agreement to set the terms and conditions of the rental.
- The Tenancy Agreement can be used for either a periodic tenancy (for instance, month to month) or for a fixed term (such as 1 year).
- The tenancy is governed by the Ontario Residential Tenancies Act, the Condominium Act, and the Declaration, Bylaws and rules of the condominium corporation.
- In the event of a conflict between the terms of the Agreement and the Condominium Act, Declaration and Bylaws of the condo corporation, the latter will take precedence.
- The tenant agrees not to damage the condo building, the common areas and any other property belonging to the condominium corporation.
- The landlord must provide the tenant with copies of the Declaration, Bylaws and rules of the condo corporation, and the tenant must agree in writing to abide by them.
- The tenancy will revert to a month-to-month tenancy at the end of the term unless either party has given written notice of termination or the parties have signed a new tenancy agreement.
Never rent a property without a written contract. You can download the Condominium Tenancy Agreement immediately after purchasing it.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016